Emotionally, getting a “divorce” helps bring closure for a client.  In South Carolina, a person may get a divorce after being separated continuously for one year.  A person may also get divorced if the other spouse has committed adultery, has committed physical cruelty, habitually abuses alcohol and/or drugs, and/or has abandoned the marriage for a period of one year.  

In reality, the piece of paper that grants you a divorce is a separate issue from the important issues of custody, property division, alimony, child support, etc.  It is important to understand that a person can settle or resolve all of the material financial and child issues with finality without waiting a year to get a divorce.  


Contact Rosen Hagood Today

151 Meeting Street, Suite 400
Charleston, S.C. 29401
Phone: 843-577-6726
Fax: 843-724-8036
Map and Directions


Latest News

4/26/2017 Rosen Hagood Attorneys Named to the 2017 South Carolina S...

4/5/2017 Rosen Hagood Attorney Selected to Board of Be A Mentor

3/10/2017 Recent Ruling May Pave the Way for “Additional Insured” B...